Skip to main content

NLP Resources

This is a list of resources I am using to learn about natural language processing related to the ISHML project..

Infocom Parser: http://ifwiki.org/index.php/Infocom-type_parser
How to understand natural language processing in 81 easy lectures
Glossary of terms: https://glossary.sil.org/term/grammatical-category
Break down of noun phrases: https://linguapress.com/grammar/noun-phrases.htm
More on noun phrases: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/english-grammar/noun-phrase
Adpositions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preposition_and_postposition#Terminology
Adpositions can be used to express a wide range of semantic relations between their complement and the rest of the context. The relations expressed may be spatial (denoting location or direction), temporal (denoting position in time), or relations expressing comparison, content, agent, instrument, means, manner, cause, purpose, reference, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrasal_verb
...a phrasal verb is a phrase such as turn down or ran into which combines two or three words from different grammatical categories: a verb and a particle and/or a preposition together form a single semantic unit. This semantic unit cannot be understood based upon the meanings of the individual parts, but must be taken as a whole. In other words, the meaning is non-compositional and thus unpredictable.[1] Phrasal verbs that include a preposition are known as prepositional verbs and phrasal verbs that include a particle are also known as particle verbs. Additional alternative terms for phrasal verb are compound verb, verb-adverb combination, verb-particle construction, two-part word/verb, and three-part word/verb (depending on the number of particles), and multi-word verb


Prounouns
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_personal_pronouns#Basic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project ISML

I've started a new project that I'm quite excited about.  I don't have much to show right now, but I hope to have something interesting in about six months.  In the meantime, here's the vision statement for the project: ISML stands for Interactive Story Modeling Language, but you can call it "Ishmael." It is an authoring system for creating interactive web content including Interactive Fiction (IF) aka text adventure games, Choose Your Own Adventure (CYOA) style hypertext stories, quizzes, chat-bots, hidden object games, spelling bees, tile games, or any other multi-media interactive experience you can imagine. The ISML modeling language makes intuitive sense to authors. You can be successful with ISML even if you have no programming skills. Stumbling blocks such as nested logic, loops, recursion, case-sensitivity, pointers, and variable scope are de-emphasized or non-existent. Where these concepts do exist, the language presents them in a way that is nat...

On Modeling Languages

Well, I was spending a lot of time wondering how far I could stretch the definition of  modeling language.  It turns out the definition is very stretchy. I was worried that a graphically oriented interface for ISML would cause it to cease to be a modeling language.  Turns out I was wrong. Quoting from Wikipedia :  A modeling language is any artificial language that can be used to express information or knowledge or systems in a structure that is defined by a consistent set of rules... A modeling language can be graphical or textual. ISML fits the definition well.  I'm going to stop worrying about my initialism and get back to work.